Gear Lever

Dave61

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi Simon, it would upset the purists but would not modern day spherical rod ends be an ok substitute for the original linkage? They'd probably wear better as well. Cheers, Stu.
Good idea Stu, I had been wondering if I could make something up if I bought a what was easily available.
Not a purist so not easy to upset :)
Cheers
Dave

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
Stick with what you have Dave, You are almost there.
I know what you mean Bill, simple can be best.
I'll have to see how I cope with having to move my left foot more than usual.
I've got photos of the Vincent for the American market that had opposite handed foot controls, so could have a go at replicating them.
Cheers
Dave

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Dave are those boots in your photo, The ones you use when you ride, It might make a difference,
Maybe better or worse ?.

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
Dave are those boots in your photo, The ones you use when you ride, It might make a difference,
Maybe better or worse ?.
No Bill, they're my work boots.
Got a good selection of decent boots for on the bike & never happier than when I'm on a motorbike but ,amongst my many defective bits, my right ankle isn't the best & normal layout controls suit it better.
Not saying I'm going to over complicate things as I have read a few things saying how difficult it could be to swap sides, but can't stop myself from tinkering.
My Wife has said I can put a long rod on the lever & she'll change gear when I shout.
Cheers
Dave

erik

VOC Member
schalthebel rapide 004.JPG

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
All you need is a longer indicator :) , Sorted.
Sorry Dave, You have a problem your foot, But I feel if you get the rest just a bit better, I would think
Just lifting and pushing down would work.

Attachments

• 003 (6) - Copy.JPG
    003 (6) - Copy.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 33

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
All you need is a longer indicator :) , Sorted.
Sorry Dave, You have a problem your foot, But I feel if you get the rest just a bit better, I would think
Just lifting and pushing down would work.
Is that on your bike Bill or something you've seen on someone else's ?