H: Hubs, Wheels and Tyres FRONT BRAKE IDENTIFICATION PLEASE

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
There are also some aluminium ones about with separate air scoops that were made some time ago by someone
indeed the Vincent spares ones now on sale have this feature

timetraveller

VOC Member
Those were made by the people who make my JE steering heads, They still have the program but I have been waiting for weeks for some parts to be made so nothing will happen quickly.

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
The big Yamaha is one of the best out there. A little on the heavy side, and a real swine to fit to a vin! Personally I have a 250 fontana in the norvin it is smooth and powerful. Highly recomended.

oexing

VOC Member
Got one 250 Fontana on the shelf - but on a Vincent a tad out of period . . .
Yeah, some fit discs on the Vincent but then, what´s the point of having a classic that is so obviously out of period by lots of components much younger ? One reason why I made my own brakes roughly in line with the times.

Vic

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Got one 250 Fontana on the shelf - but on a Vincent a tad out of period . . .
Yeah, some fit discs on the Vincent but then, what´s the point of having a classic that is so obviously out of period by lots of components much younger ? One reason why I made my own brakes roughly in line with the times.

Vic
Isn’t a Suntour cycle suspension unit a little out of period also.

oexing

VOC Member
Peter, these bicycle airshocks under the seat will be less conspicuous than a Fontana at the front I´d say. You could do some shrouds over them - just thinking. A coilover same argument - well, not my concern, I got my modded Fournales , hard to tell these are no spring boxes, once painted black. But most here know I am not a religious follower of all-original when the spirit of a classic is kept in the over all style . . . .

Vic

P1110744.JPG