FT: Frame (Twin) Foot rest driver's side right

twobyfour

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I use them pointing almost vertically downwards to suit my long legs. There is a slight tendency for the footrest to pivot forwards, so I shimmed the pivot and nipped-up the bolt.
Perhaps I will look into changing the design so that the footrest pivots upwards when the arms are vertical.
The real issue for me (having long legs) is due to the footrests being positioned at the widest part of the engine. The compact nature of the design of the whole bike leads to the footrests being where they are, I suppose. Just something that I need to work around!

moto8500

VOC Member
I can tell you are someone who approaches a problem with a solution and it seems to work for you albeit the footrest pivoting forward and even then you have worked out a solution. If push comes to shove and I am unable to get sufficient bend to get at least three quarters of the way down the seat without being in pain I will have to resort to longer hangers - any idea if any supplier stocks them? The fact you had to make your own suggests not.

twobyfour

VOC Member
I can tell you are someone who approaches a problem with a solution and it seems to work for you albeit the footrest pivoting forward and even then you have worked out a solution. If push comes to shove and I am unable to get sufficient bend to get at least three quarters of the way down the seat without being in pain I will have to resort to longer hangers - any idea if any supplier stocks them? The fact you had to make your own suggests not.
I can't take any credit for my lower footrests. I am indebted to Chris Launders, who passed on to me a set he had made for his bike when he was using a different frame configuration. As he mentioned in his post above, he made the arms from kickstart levers.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Perhaps the folding Comet ones will fit, I understand Comet ones are longer, though spacer pieces may need to be made to get the correct clearance.

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Perhaps the folding Comet ones will fit, I understand Comet ones are longer, though spacer pieces may need to be made to get the correct clearance.
Hi Chris,
Yes the Comet footrests are longer, but the standard version is non folding
Mac Read did have some folding footrests made, but no more I beleive

Cheers
Neil

vibrac

VOC Member
Vincent spares may have some Comet nice folding footrests. But I just used the another LH hanger FT52/14 on the right hand and a couple of cut down PU triumph pillion folding footrests not perfect but gets in and out of the garage without jams