Fiberglass mag cowl

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
As you say, Anybody can do it, I built a Huge !! seat/Fairing/Toolbox, All in one for my Twin, Lots of Fun and Lots of Mess !!. Cheers Bill.

Oldhaven

VOC Member
Thank you all for the suggestions. In the end, the easiest route was a new VOC Spares cowl from Coventry Spares. Both the alternate magneto end cover and "rolling my own" cowl were appealing, but with the list of projects I have for the remaining part of this year, this was the best option, and at $171.60, costs less than the labor and materials I would have to invest in other approaches. I actually do like to work in GRP, and have done a lot of it when working on a 1957 fiberglass and wood speedboat I have. I am redoing it for the second time 25 years after I rebuilt it the first time, and that is one of the other projects that will take up this summer. I hope no one is too upset if I include a picture. It has a certain Black Prince like appeal.

Ron

boat work001.jpg

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Love it, I always wanted a house by the river and a boat !! And to build one myself would be the tops, But it would have to be a lotto win !!. Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
I hope no one is too upset if I include a picture. It has a certain Black Prince like appeal./QUOTE]

Hope your tank is metal
Perhaps thats the way we can get some sense into ethanol petrol identification, classic cars , classic bike and boat owners join together and complain as one.

Last edited by a moderator:

wmg73141

Non-VOC Member
Had my own share of GRP and boats! Good luck with the rebuild but don't do what my mates wife did. He put the dose of hardener in a bucket of resin and then his wife, thinking she was being helpful, mixed another dose of hardener into the bucket. When it started smoking they just managed to get it outside the barn they were renting on the end of a pitchfork before it burst into flames! You would not believe the volume of black smoke one bucket of resin can produce!!!