PR: Proprietary Items Egli Vincent Comet Speedo Drive?

Martyn Goodwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I am Poor, I know my place, I use a pushbike one, Hope I don't have to pay as much as Vibrac's Acewell type ?.
The only problem is, If the Police pull you up, You have got to get to the reset button !!, Quick. Cheers Bill.
I have found the HOLUX http://www.dvr.holux.com/gpsport-260-pro unit to be one of the best 'bicycle' type GPS based units. Waterproof and reliable. I know of over 20 motorcycle riders in my area who use it.

Baaa

evcomet

VOC Member
With electronic speedos cramming all the instrumentation ever needed and an easy connection to the rotating wheel unless I am paying homage to an original Vincent from Stevenage I am happy to fit an Acewell or similar to an Egli heck if you must emulate a smiths speedo look with its jerky movement the electronic version of the Cronometric even has a jerky mode (eg: VOCSC = PR33-DIGITAL ) and half the price of a clockwork one - that gives me money better spent elsewhere on the bike.
(retires to bunker)

Please, don't stay in the bunker too long.
I actually enjoy the Smiths Chronometric instruments. I love the way they never seem to keep pace, going up or back down.
When I need to get some where in a timely manner, I have modern 2 and 4 wheel transportation. Riding an old bike makes me feel young.

Jerry

vibrac

VOC Member
Having the correct a rivet or speedo has never affected my riding enjoyment ( I do occasionally glance at the cycle speedo on my Grey Flash) and I dont even have any on my bikes that are pre 1936..