Amanda Water Scooter Ebay sale

Alyson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Perhaps Arnolt was the U.S. Dealer for the Amanda Water Scooter ? Sorta like I.C.S. ?? That is a pretty nice example sitting there, I'll keep an eye on it. We have two lakes surrounding us here in Penticton, B.C. And I might be able to outrun Ogopogo ;)

Speedtwin

VOC Member
You can tell it is never used as it is above the water.
Good friend had one when run for any time got very hull meltingly hot.
It now lives in England in a nice dry barn.

Speedtwin

VOC Member
Nope,
The problems arose due to the deeds of the manufacturer of the hull who was in financial trouble, as was Vincent at the time.
To save some money they made the hulls thinner than specification.
The first machines to land in the States failed and Vincent lost a massive order , at the time the American order was thought to have been big enough to save the whole company.
The rest is history.

Ones that still work have reinforced hulls.
Fibreglass was pretty new back in those days but cutting corners wasn't.
Al

highbury731

VOC Member
Yes, I am aware that the grp hulls were made thinner than design specification. But I maintain my point that the hull getting excessively hot indicates that there was an issue of insufficient cooling air flow, and that this contributed as a component of the problem with the Amanda. If either of these points had been correct (ie correct hull thickness, or greater cooling air flow), the hull fragility would not have ruined the Amanda, and thus Vincent.