E/bay cases

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks Peter, I thought I was going round the twist. There must have been a better way to build a V4, With out messing up a set of cases, Still at least we now know why. Many thanks, Bill.

Howard

VOC Member
That changes things. I'm still confused about the position of the bores - looks like someone may have changed the cylinder angle.

H

Howdy chaps,

Quick note on a mobile device, thus my apologies for lack of clickable inline link. Below are my pix of the cases in question taken at pat's party a couple of years ago at Daytona. Shame these are being sold without the spectacular artistic license the make had in mind. A V 4 Vin motor. We'd all concluded they'd make a great coffee table base at the time. They were a challenging lump for Somer and I to shag out for that gathering.

http://petergz.smugmug.com/Events/D...-2011/19890512_sFr5W5#!i=1565084474&k=xRr6Mrc

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I suppose the high bidder can always hang on until China and India have exhausted the planets reserves of Aluminium Bauxite, and then wait for the scrap value price to rocket!

jim burgess

VOC Member
Better still use as hardcore if you have a concrete drive to lay. A door stop, or paper weight, ought to look good and these cases unfortunately do not, but they would do the job and not much else.

No No No! you don't understand it is the frame you use for hard core, the engine is the good bit! Strange looking "B" on the 1B bit, dosen't resemble my own, but then maybe the stamps changed at the works..
Jim Burgess Norvin SO.

peterg

Non-VOC Member
Howdy David,

Yes, and on the Vincent gauge by Bike Week measure rather notable that year. Somer took delivery of that tidy touring Comet and also had the polished Rapide motor along acquired from Mike Wolfe some of y'all may have seen being discovered on American Pickers. Also on page 6 of my photo archive are pix of that outrageous Vin chopper taken at one of Jerry's last auctions held at that lovely venue at Stetson.

Think 2011 was the year our Monday night Vincent dinner finally ground to a halt, this the venue where that chopper made its spectacular introduction years ago by making a thunderous getaway with a contrail of cops and sirens in its wake.

davidd

VOC Member
Peter,

It was very difficult to continue the Daytona get-together once they dropped vintage racing from Bike Week. For those of us that were racing, we were traveling to Roebling Road instead. The guys that used the vintage races as an excuse to meet dropped out also. Daytona did offer a date in October, but it is not the same as bike week. The fact is that Barber has taken over as the premier vintage road racing event. In 2011 there were 711 motorcycle entries. It has gone down a little since then, but it is still in the mid 600's.

It was also nice to see all the stuff I built at Pat's! The racer, the Vincent cam machine and the RV. That is the type of production I cannot meet anymore!

David

Williegunn

Non-VOC Member
I see there is another bargain,301031911000, a shade under £360.It has been painted over the past and will need restoring.

vibrac

VOC Member
Would you put that on your bike ? I would prefer a nice new one for £24. Cheers Bill.

Get a grip Bill, people want e-bay tat not new items on line from the club shop. Why they have that mind set I dont know perhaps is something to do with the fact that most other bikes that have not been made for sixty odd years dont have a full spares supply like we do and most passing vincent 'owners' are used to getting parts for their Douglas, Scott etc etc as either back yard bits that may fit or worn out parts on flea bay.
Perhaps much of the e-bay tat is bought from the club shop then distressed and the resulting rusty mess stuck on e-bay for double the price- or am I too cynical