H: Hubs, Wheels and Tyres Dunlop K70 for rear tyre?

oexing

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I liked the Metzeler Block C for the slower bikes but for the speed rating the ME 77 is safer , an S type. Rear tires with 3.50-19 are hard to find with higher speed indexes so I think to have 18 inch types for the rear. So the ME 77 in 4.10-18 is available in H index - if not going for Bridgestone as many do ? But I like the more classic looks of the familiar Metzelers.

Vic
ME 77 3.50-19 S

Block C 66 4.00-18 H

ME 77 4.10-18 H

Nulli Secundus

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
For a rounder profile and better handling/grip.
Don't know if mixing brands would be a problem.
I emailed Avon regarding the Roadrider:

'Our 4.10-19 AM9 Universal is compatible with your rim and will be fine with a Speedmaster front. Note the AM9 will be 10mm wider than your current tyre and it will also reduce your ride height by approx. 7-8mm.'

Looking at the mudguard clearance I have with the SM, the RR would probably catch.
Lower ride height only an issue when using the D type stand.
Could always back it up on a piece of wood though.
An AM9 is not a Roadrider as suggested by Eddy. The Roadrider is designated AM26 and the 19" size fits my Rapide and many others around the world perfectly. If one does not clear your chain guard then something must be amiss. Remember any width increase detailed by Avon's data sheets will need dividing by two.

danno

Non-VOC Member
An AM9 is not a Roadrider as suggested by Eddy. The Roadrider is designated AM26 and the 19" size fits my Rapide and many others around the world perfectly. If one does not clear your chain guard then something must be amiss. Remember any width increase detailed by Avon's data sheets will need dividing by two.
Ok thanks.
I have a Roadrider 3.25 x 19 v rated on my BMW R60 front.
It’s quite low profile and could lower the height by 10-15mm. Maybe ok with a smaller 19” front wheel.

Last edited:

Nulli Secundus

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
My Roadriders are 100/90-19 front and rear and seem to work OK, or to put it another way I like them. When I fitted the Dave Hills stand I was already using them, or the previous AM22 that was probably the AM26 predecessor.