• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Dellorto carbs

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
I have a couple of Dellorto carbs
they are 36mm marked phf 36 (ad) and other is (as) they have been fitted to a twin
they seem a bit on the large choke size but my knowledge of Dellorto is about the same as my knowlege of football ie zilch
If anyone has some initial setting suggestions for a twin it can be a starting point

Last edited by a moderator:

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Website Moderator
Dear Tim,
I think that Moto Guzzi "V" twins were fitted with large Dellorto carbs. Maybe look up settings for those as a guide/starting point?
I have a couple of Dellorto carbs
they are 36mm marked phf 36 (ad) and other is (as) they have been fitted to a twin
they seem a bit on the large choke size but my knowledge of Dellorto is about the same as my knowlege of football ie zilch
If anyone has some initial setting suggestions for a twin it can be a starting point

Chris Launders

VOC Member
I would have thought 36mm was a bit too big, my ducati 860 GTS has 32mm ones which I think would be much a better match however they are quite large. I thought of fitting my spare pair to my norvin when I built that, but they were too tight a fit so I used amal mk2s, couldn't get them to run right so went to mikunis and theyv'e been great.
Chris.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
003.jpgHello Vibrac, I have had 2. PHF36AD on my Special since about 1975 !! It will do 40mph OK, When I was running 12 to 1 pistons, It was good, Now only 9s so I have taken the Pumps Out, It made it too rich, Just got back from the Forest, Nice 50 mile ride, About all I am good for now, Good Luck, Bill.

Warning! This thread is more than 9yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.