Dellorto carbs

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have a couple of Dellorto carbs
they are 36mm marked phf 36 (ad) and other is (as) they have been fitted to a twin
they seem a bit on the large choke size but my knowledge of Dellorto is about the same as my knowlege of football ie zilch
If anyone has some initial setting suggestions for a twin it can be a starting point

Last edited by a moderator:

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Dear Tim,
I think that Moto Guzzi "V" twins were fitted with large Dellorto carbs. Maybe look up settings for those as a guide/starting point?
I have a couple of Dellorto carbs
they are 36mm marked phf 36 (ad) and other is (as) they have been fitted to a twin
they seem a bit on the large choke size but my knowledge of Dellorto is about the same as my knowlege of football ie zilch
If anyone has some initial setting suggestions for a twin it can be a starting point

Chris Launders

VOC Member
I would have thought 36mm was a bit too big, my ducati 860 GTS has 32mm ones which I think would be much a better match however they are quite large. I thought of fitting my spare pair to my norvin when I built that, but they were too tight a fit so I used amal mk2s, couldn't get them to run right so went to mikunis and theyv'e been great.
Chris.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
003.jpgHello Vibrac, I have had 2. PHF36AD on my Special since about 1975 !! It will do 40mph OK, When I was running 12 to 1 pistons, It was good, Now only 9s so I have taken the Pumps Out, It made it too rich, Just got back from the Forest, Nice 50 mile ride, About all I am good for now, Good Luck, Bill.