Vincent Related David Hills: Sad News

RonandLinda

VOC Membership Secretary
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
Sad news to report, our old friend Dave Hills died this afternoon. Apparently Dave had a heart attack while driving
his car. We understand that he managed to stop the car but we don't have any more details at this moment.
Most club members will have known Dave as the 'D' section organiser and of course his famous centre stand.
My information has come from Rod Farr and more details will follow.
R.I.P. old friend you will be missed but not forgotten. Ron and Linda.

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
My handsome Dave and I spoke regularly and had been swapping parts as one of his twins had a dynamo drive missing , he was having trouble keeping up with his stand production and complained he had created a monster over 2.000 he has made to date, He was helping the widow of his old mate Richard H and trying to sell his bikes as he was seriously considering moving on some of his own as we discussed ways of doing it as he didn't have a lot of family interested.
What a shock to the system, RIP my handsome.

johncrispin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Dave,
This is the man who helped get me into this business, this Vincent thing bless him. Mentor,
riding companion. Wannaknow anything about vins??? ...ask Dave
Aldershot section, way back before I joined in '99 used to meet at a pub in Tongham ( White Hart) with us the Rudge club on the same evening . He rocks up on a newly rebuilt open series D with 150 miles on it.
I stand there gawping at it, and Dave says "Why don't you take it up the road?" after some spluttering hesitation the only conclusion there and then was to accept, the chance again being vanishingly remote.
I was obviously smitten with that experience, and he must have known ..this says it all about Dave, RIP

Tony Cording

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
What a sad day, Dave was a good friend and in a way had a family connection to my wife Ann. Dave Hills was a doppelganger for Ann's brother Dave. Ann and Dave H met at a couple of Vincent rallies in the US, the likeness was remarkable. Ironically Ann's brother's wife is named Sheila. Dave was always ready to give me answers to the minutia of the series D, correcting me on occasion for bold statements made, used his stand on my C Rapide, enjoyed his annual Christmas cards, he will be greatly missed.