Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comet Rider

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
There was a small film on French TV France3 yesterday showing how UK based Formula one teams based in the UK are working together to develop and produce ventilators. Within two weeks a high efficiency ventilator has been developed and one of the factories (Mercedes?) would be able to produce 1000 units per day now.

Hi Eric,
what Mercedes have developed is a version of a C-Pap machine, not quite a full ventilator but something that can be used before full mechanical ventilation is required. It hooks up to the hospital oxygen supply and uses a mask covering nose and mouth.

I hope you are all well
Neil

ericg

VOC Member
Hi Eric,
what Mercedes have developed is a version of a C-Pap machine, not quite a full ventilator but something that can be used before full mechanical ventilation is required. It hooks up to the hospital oxygen supply and uses a mask covering nose and mouth.

I hope you are all well
Neil
Thanks for the clarification Neil.

vibrac

VOC Member
Ben sent me this he said
"Was expecting to see these boys parked up by the van.."
How about that poster........

1586888370728.png

timetraveller

VOC Member
Just a thought to ensure that no one takes a joke as truth. In postings 106 and 107 Vibrac suggested that putting something outside to get an ultra violet exposure would help sterilise packaging. No Sir. One needs UVC to do that, that is wavelengths down near to 200 - 280 nm. Non of that gets through the Earth's atmosphere at anywhere near sea level and very little of it on the highest mountain tops. Our eyes are sensitive to the range of about 700 to 400 nm, UVA is next and that is what gives you a tan. UVB is next and that is what can cause burning. UVC makes you go blind, seriously. It is used to sterilise workers coming out of Covid 19 wards when they and their clothes are given a 30 second dose. They do not go blind:cool: because the plastic in their visors absorbs the UVC and their clothing protects the rest of their bodies.

vibrac

VOC Member
At least you did not argue with my 3 days quarantine or my tongs I just opened Saturdays post ....

vibrac

VOC Member
I have just heard that we have three more weeks of lock down

that's terrible news ...

how the hell am I going to rebuild three more bikes in that time?

Status
Not open for further replies.