Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Age is letting us all down Peter !!.
It's my Wife Janet on the back of the trailer, We met You and Yours walking by the River Thames, Long ago !.
Left is Barbara Fagg, Clifford, Her Son in Law and Carolyne Her Daughter, Photo took by Chris Fagg,
From Warwickshire, Who we still keep in touch with.
Good Times.

vibrac

VOC Member
On a serious note (Oh Dear)on the VMCC forum
a member of the VMCC riding his tiger cub to work was stopped by the police who said his insurance said 'social, domestic and pleasure' and booked him for no insurance as he was not covered for 'work'.
A second member commented that those clauses only limited his cover for personal loss and that he was covered for 3rd party and he should plead not guilty in court.
Another Grey area?
I am glad I am an individual member of the BMF who now offer legal support again

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
As a follow on from that, My Carole Nash insurance bloke told me I had better cover than I thought when riding someone else's Bike, I don't do it often, But when these things are worth about £30,000, It's a worry !.
I went out on some ones Bike some time ago, And watching the Video I had left my Helmet unstrapped !!.
Never done that before, Must be getting OLD :) .

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Age is letting us all down Peter !!.
It's my Wife Janet on the back of the trailer, We met You and Yours walking by the River Thames, Long ago !.
Left is Barbara Fagg, Clifford, Her Son in Law and Carolyne Her Daughter, Photo took by Chris Fagg,
From Warwickshire, Who we still keep in touch with.
Good Times.
Bill, it is a shame that you live a distance away these days, we met you years ago near to Hambleden Weir, well worth a visit in the last few weeks (before lockdown) as the weir is raging, with canoeists still doing Eskimo rolls etc. we saw one person had a real struggle to complete the roll, I was not about to dive in, but might have been able to through a lifebuoy far enough, thankfully it was not needed. At first glance I could have sworn that was Linda, I can see now that it isn't.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
All Women look the same to me !! :) .
I do miss the roads near Henly etc, I had a nice LAP up the M40 to Stokenchurch and then. Off round the back roads,
To see the Red Kites, Ibstone common ??.

Last edited:

vibrac

VOC Member
My MPH has arrived how frustrating its got to sit in quarantine until midday Monday, still I had better get on with Tuesdays post and packaway the non perishables and un-washables from that days shop as well.
What a game!

vibrac

VOC Member
My MPH has arrived how frustrating its got to sit in quarantine until midday Monday, still I had better get on with Tuesdays post and packaway the non perishables and un-washables from that days shop as well.
What a game!
After turning it over with tongs to get sunlight on both sides I see it's not an MPH envelope but another club mag Oh dear!

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
All Women look the same to me !! :) .
I do miss the roads near Henly etc, I had a nice LAP up the M40 to Stokenchurch and then. Off round the back roads,
To see the Red Kites, Ibstone common ??.
I am not sure if it is some kind of spoof joke, but one of the broadsheets printed an article stating that a Sea Eagle had taken up residence near Stokenchurch, actual location withheld, but alluded to the Getty Estate, apparently it had made its way there from the Isle of Wight where I think three breeding pairs have been released, and is now living happily thinking it is a Red Kite, but that was about a month ago, I am sure if it were true it would be huge news, difficult to keep under wraps, and keep the twitchers away.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I am keeping my eyes out, I had heard about them on the isle of Wight,
I am often looking over towards the Island from a few places I go, Keyhaven etc, Nice toilets and parking !!
I have seen Spoonbills at Keyhaven.
We have the odd Red Kite down here.
There was a Tame Golden Eagle !, Which flew from Devon, Which is where I would like to live now.

vibrac

VOC Member
Stokenchurch! the kidney grass track that made all those specialized grass trackers turn the 'wrong' way and just over the hill aways roughly towards Princess Risbourgh was where Eddie Stevens lived.
As for Red kite there are hundreds of them flying over my house and environs. keep your kittens in doors!

Status
Not open for further replies.