Come on everyone - encourage a friend to join and let's break 1000

John Smith-Daye

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
OK Graham, you can own up now......

.. so what relation is member number 1000 who happens to be called Smith (Sally) to you???

And who had the honour of being number 998?

G

Graham Smith

Well, having such a common surname, I could claim it was nothing to do with me, but Sally is indeed my wife.

Sally was actually the second person to join the forum after me, before we officially launched, as I got her to 'test' register, then upgrade her membership, so she could tell me if it was difficult or easy.

She thought it was pretty easy and I subsequently deleted her membership!

As a full Member of the Club, I thought it was about time she registered for the forum again!

Avery

Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Vic,

What glorious motorcycling roads you have up there in the north (or is it Scotland?):)

Hi Vic,

The roads in northumberland are glorious, especially through Rothbury and Otterburn on the way to the borders.

Regards

Brian

Last edited:

Robert Watson

VOC Member
So Graham -- he asks with a little scpeticism in his voice. If Sally just joined up yesterday to be #1000 and you say she was deleted back just after you started up the forum and got her to test register ---- How come she shows up in the list of "The most members online in one day was 117, 25-02-2008".
Hmmmmmmmmmm???????????????

Robert ---- on a rainy afternoon with nothing better to do ---- right!

G

Graham Smith

Get out in the workshop...

Robert - you're spending far too much time in front of that computer of yours. Kathy's concerned that you spent so much money on your 'A' Twin and TTR and you're not getting out in the workshop and spending time on them!

OK - if you look at that module you're referring to - it says at the top "Today's Visitors', so anyone who appears on this list underneath has visited since midnight - this list would be different for different people depending on where you live, because of the time zones (cleaver stuff eh?).

It also tells you the most amount of people on-line in a 24 hour period, in this case 25th February, but this has nothing to do with the list of names underneath.

Does this clear up the confusion!?!

timetraveller

VOC Member
Well, it had me fooled as well. So I just counted up the number of names listed under the first sentence and of course it is not as many as the headline figure. If it is possible would it be a good idea to put the sentence about the most number of visitors in one day below the list of visitors names? :)

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Au Contraire my good man -- spend far too much time in the shop, which always seems to precipitate the spending of more $$$$$. The A's are progressing, just putting twin front end together, but having been driven staight into and Edsel in 1958, I find almost every piece is bent, except the actual fork itself which was replaced at the time. Continue to consult with A men in the Club with good result, but it will ba at least a year before anything resembling a finished machine emerges.
Meanwhile perhaps you can rearrange the headings on the front page of the forum so as not to confuse poor colonials such as me!

Robert

rapcom

VOC Member
Forum Accessibility

Without wishing to rekindle the "members versus non-members access" discussion, may I suggest that posters on the forum remember that if they post in a "Public Access" section, it would be (in my opinion) better if they refrained from mentioning members names for anyone to see, particularly with reference to the fact that they own a valuable bike, or will be away from home at a rally.
If a member chooses to use their real name as their nom-de-plume, then that is their choice, but it does not give the rest of us the right to advertise the fact that Joe Bloggs has an asset worth hunting round the electoral rolls and telephone directories for, or that their house will be vacant.
I have always regarded fellow VOC members as being trustworthy, but the same cannot unfortunately be said of anyone else who happens to surf through the site.
Using the "members only" sections makes sense to me.