PT: Exhaust Ceramic coating

Normski

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Some of us over here could test fit to our bikes to check before you incur the cost of shipping? Not that fitting one bike would guarantee fit on another.

Albervin

VOC Member
Some of us over here could test fit to our bikes to check before you incur the cost of shipping? Not that fitting one bike would guarantee fit on another.
Your last sentence says it all. I have had several Vincents, singles and twins. Even fitting a silencer can be fraught, let alone twin exhausts. It only take 1/16th for it to all turn to .......

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
I always weld a Stainless machined flange of 5-8 mm length on it.

It makes a hudge difference as one is able to really make it fit 100%
Perpendicular.

Cheers

V

Albervin

VOC Member

Perpendicular.

Cheers

V
Are you saying you extend the flange on both front and rear? The problem then arises on which pipes. Mine are Australian which are most like different to your pipes. I like the three piece because they give you some movement for fit. Not worried about original.

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member

Perpendicular.

Cheers

V

I like this, it's a good trick.
Pipe position registers off that little flange so no wonder there are so many problems with owners fitting exhausts.
Add some meat and shape the face until the pipe sits where it should.
I did something like this when making up the exhaust for the 1360, but would not have thought to do this with a ready made exhaust.

Do you use a Belt sander on the thickened flange to adjust the contact face?

Glen

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
2020-07-07 17.15.20.jpg

macvette

Non-VOC Member
Maybe this would work. It's available from Frost restorations in the U.K. Maybe they have distributors down under. I might give it a try.

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
Maybe this would work. It's available from Frost restorations in the U.K. Maybe they have distributors down under. I might give it a try.
To what end? They say the purpose is to keep the heat inside the pipe and out of the car's interior.

Would that stop the color conversion (blue for chrome, straw for stainless)?
If you do try it, please post the results. I have stainless, straw-colored Armours pipes on my twin. If it works, I suppose I could re-polish the pipes and apply this stuff.

Work on a Vincent is never finished. Like housework, but more fun.

macvette

Non-VOC Member
To see if it prevents discolouration. Its a US company so should be easy for you to ask them directly