Burman Gearbox Clutch Adjuster

Hugo Myatt

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have two 'C' Comets and three Burman boxes, one kept as a spare. The spare one has the threaded and slotted adjuster. This was used on other makes with Burman boxes. As you say on the Comet it is a pig to get at and adjust in situ, hence, I suppose, Vincent's use of the un-threaded ferrule. The non-threaded Vincent Part No. is G94/1SS Comet Clutch Abutment.[/QUOTE

Vincent chose to provide adjustment by cable so the threads in the inner cover serve no purpose on the Comet and Meteor. Hugo,even more of a pig for access is the Comet Valve Lifter cable; that can be a real struggle!

Len you are so right. Fitting the valve lifter cable is the worst job on the Comet (bar setting up the eccentrics). My advice is fit the valve lifter cable before trying to fit the clutch cable. I doesn't make it easy, just easier.

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
My Comets both have adjusters.I slotted them and made the locknuts from .525" hex. You can JUST get to them if you are a triple-jointed midget with a thin spanner, or a Jaguar mechanic!