Misc: Everything Else Series 'D' Best SS Wheel Sizes on a Black Prince?

erik

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
If you have the same rim size front and rear you need only one spare tube on journeys in case of a puncture!And on long distance tours you can take a spare tire which will fit both wheels! Erik

tom wilson

VOC Member
If you have the same rim size front and rear you need only one spare tube on journeys in case of a puncture!And on long distance tours you can take a spare tire which will fit both wheels! Erik
Eric that is a very good thought and worth thinking on, cheers.

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
I must admit that I do carry two inner tubes but with 21" front the speedo is correct with 20" very little tyre selection and not stocked by a lot of tyre dealers.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I would not worry to much right now, if Avon/Goodyear do pull the plug on 21inch front tyres we still have the Metzeler Marathon 888 Ultra in 80/90-21 and 90/90-21, I am currently running (or should really say "have fitted") the 80/90-21 on my Shadow, I prefer the 80 on a WM1 rim as it nearer to the optimum size tyre for that rim, the 90 can appear a little pinched in at the sides.

P.S. I know I could get a wider rim laced up, but at the moment the WM1-21" Dunlop steel rim is just fine.