Misc: Everything Else Series 'D' Best SS Wheel Sizes on a Black Prince?

tom wilson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi all over the Winter (not far away now) I shall be removing the wheels from my Prince to have them rebuilt with Stainless Spokes and Rims, any advice on what size rims to fit? Do I stay with Std sizes? I shall fit new tyres as well .... who's make is best for road holding and not too modern looking? Many thanks in advance for any advice.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
I'd stay with 19 and 18, but go up a size in width. The standard widths are pretty small per the manufacturers' charts. Are Bridgestone Spitfires too modern looking?

Alyson

VOC Member
and just off topic, and sorry to steer this away slightly, there is a wheel in Ebay at the moment with 48 spokes. Did Vincent ever offer such a thing ? Any insight into this anomaly ??

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
and just off topic, and sorry to steer this away slightly, there is a wheel in Ebay at the moment with 48 spokes. Did Vincent ever offer such a thing ? Any insight into this anomaly ??
This is not a definitive answer because I simply don't know, but I think it was something that was done in an attempt to stop spoke breakages on heavy use sidecar outfits that made greater demands than normal on the rear wheel spokes, I guess the spoke flanges are a special.

tom wilson

VOC Member
I'd stay with 19 and 18, but go up a size in width. The standard widths are pretty small per the manufacturers' charts. Are Bridgestone Spitfires too modern looking?
The increasing of the rim width size that's what I was thinking and staying 19"-18", but to what would be the max size? I think Bridgestone's are may be a little to modern looking, the Avon RR look better but read they are not good for handling on a D