Baja Auto reported to have purchased the "Vincent" Name and Brand.

clevtrev

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
As I recall, In the UK anyone can check the registration of the word VINCENT in Motor vehicle parts, which would apply to motor vehicle parts with the word VINCENT on them. [as opposed to motor vehicle parts without the word on, or crockery or tee shirts or whatever with the name on]
Also, a licence agreement could be reached.
Precedent use may also apply.
Logos are different again. [Not necessarily with the word Vincent in] someone else may have registered some of those. [Vincent factory never did]
Company names are also separate.
Whether UK registration now covers Europe, who knows?
And then there's USA, which is a whole new can of worms.
So, it's not entirely straightforward, and it may all have changed?

Going by previous projects, if someone wants to blow zillions of pounds making trick Vincents, good luck. [but who actually WANTS a trick Vincent?] But, I'd put my money in Premium Bonds!
Regards,
delboy.
Only allowed 50 Grand in Premium Bonds.

highbury731

VOC Member
ABC made APU engines for military purposes, like running generators. Quite early on, they made flat twins with three conrods and big ends. One central one as normal, and two rods for the other piston, the small ends being on the outside of the piston instead of inside it. This enabled the two cylinders to be fully in line, which eliminated the rocking couple normally inherent in a flat twin engine. I imagine this would be simpler and cheaper, as well as more efficient than running a counter-balance shaft to eliminate the vibes on a really big flat twin like the current GS range.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Did that motor have just one crank throw? The Douggie/BMW way would have the pistons going in opposite directions for balancing.