• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Misc: Everything Else Amal TT9 Float bowl

Keith Martin

Active Website User
VOC Member
I have been looking for a Amal Type 14 Float bowl for a TT9 carb. I need a 15 degree bowl that is made to fit on the left side of the carb. I have some 15 degree bowls for the right hand side of the carb and some 7 degree bowls made for the left side. I think the correct Amal number is 14/627 but I could be wrong.
Willing to pay unreasonable sums of money for one as it is the last and only part I am missing on my Lightning replica.

Herman-Handlebars

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
I have been looking for a Amal Type 14 Float bowl for a TT9 carb. I need a 15 degree bowl that is made to fit on the left side of the carb. I have some 15 degree bowls for the right hand side of the carb and some 7 degree bowls made for the left side. I think the correct Amal number is 14/627 but I could be wrong.
Willing to pay unreasonable sums of money for one as it is the last and only part I am missing on my Lightning replica.
Hi Keith, Burlen Fuel Systems here in the Uk sell new float bowl's. They seem to be currently out of stock, but when I bought mine, I was put on a waiting list and received them a few months later when a batch was made.

Attachments

• IMG-20201103-WA0071.jpg
    IMG-20201103-WA0071.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 31

Magnetoman

VOC Member
I need a 15 degree bowl that is made to fit on the left side of the carb. ... Willing to pay unreasonable sums of money
I hoped I would be able to return the favor of Team Norton's help on the Cannonball by sending you the float bowl you need for a reasonable sum but, sadly, I only have 7° float bowls.

Keith Martin

Active Website User
VOC Member
Yes that is it. I found some 302 float bowls but would rather have a 14 series. Please let me know. Hopefully can hear it run next week with the float bowl I have.
Look to see if you have a magneto like in the photo also!!!

medat727

Active Website User
VOC Member
Keith,
So this is what I have, one new and one used, the new one is Amal 14/627, 15 degree bottom feed banjo, still have the box, never fitted, bolts right up to the TT, it does have the small banjo nuts, not sure what you are running on the rear carb. You are welcome to the new one, have to hold off on the used as I have another project in the wings and I will know in a few weeks if I need it, just let me know.
David
60455793-0884-4A6E-9589-1283FC8493AB.jpegD4BB846D-A526-4045-BF5F-90F4B28D60BF.jpeg

Keith Martin

Active Website User
VOC Member
David, Thanks for helping. The used one matches what I have now. The new one is very nice. I wonder if it is possible to change the inlet banjo fitting as I have a few of the bowls with that inlet just not a 15 degree.
This snow is slowing progress as the power has been on and off at the shop.

Cyborg

VOC Member
Can’t say I’ve looked inside a type 14 with the smaller fitting, but on most other float bowls I’ve seen, the male part of the smaller fitting looks to be cast in, where the larger fitting is not. If that is the case here, then it‘s unlikely there is sufficient meat to bore the bowl out for the larger fitting. A peek inside the new bowl might tell you.

medat727

Active Website User
VOC Member
David, Thanks for helping. The used one matches what I have now. The new one is very nice. I wonder if it is possible to change the inlet banjo fitting as I have a few of the bowls with that inlet just not a 15 degree.
This snow is slowing progress as the power has been on and off at the shop.
Keith, I don’t think that will work, looked into doing that myself, as I stated earlier I’m waiting on another project, a recent Vincent barn find that has TT’s and the associated float bowls, if they prove to be acceptable I will gladly pass on the used bowl that you need, problem is it might be a month before I can confirm things.

Keith Martin

Active Website User
VOC Member
I looked at some bowls I have and the castings look to be a little different so the larger inlet will not fit.
I have a line on another one and will let you know.
With the weather here UPS is not delivering and I am waiting on the magneto to hear it run.

greg brillus

VOC Member
There is a good complete type 14 bottom feed with the large inlet to suit TT carbs and the correct 15 degree angle........eBay Uk under Vincent parts about the 20th item down on the first page.........first in best dressed......... Good luck.

Latest Forum Threads

List of Forum Categories

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?