Misc: Everything Else Amal TT9 Float bowl

Keith Martin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have been looking for a Amal Type 14 Float bowl for a TT9 carb. I need a 15 degree bowl that is made to fit on the left side of the carb. I have some 15 degree bowls for the right hand side of the carb and some 7 degree bowls made for the left side. I think the correct Amal number is 14/627 but I could be wrong.
Willing to pay unreasonable sums of money for one as it is the last and only part I am missing on my Lightning replica.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Keith, There is a Float on UK ebay for a BSA Goldstar, Only 2 days to go !!,
Doesn't say the angle.
Cheers Bill.

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 35

Herman-Handlebars

Non-VOC Member
I have been looking for a Amal Type 14 Float bowl for a TT9 carb. I need a 15 degree bowl that is made to fit on the left side of the carb. I have some 15 degree bowls for the right hand side of the carb and some 7 degree bowls made for the left side. I think the correct Amal number is 14/627 but I could be wrong.
Willing to pay unreasonable sums of money for one as it is the last and only part I am missing on my Lightning replica.
Hi Keith, Burlen Fuel Systems here in the Uk sell new float bowl's. They seem to be currently out of stock, but when I bought mine, I was put on a waiting list and received them a few months later when a batch was made.

Attachments

• IMG-20201103-WA0071.jpg
    IMG-20201103-WA0071.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 33

Magnetoman

VOC Member
I need a 15 degree bowl that is made to fit on the left side of the carb. ... Willing to pay unreasonable sums of money
I hoped I would be able to return the favor of Team Norton's help on the Cannonball by sending you the float bowl you need for a reasonable sum but, sadly, I only have 7° float bowls.

medat727

VOC Member
Keith, this is what I have on my Lightning replica, if this is what you’re looking for I may have a spare, will check on Tuesday for you if that’s the case. David
DA859E5F-9989-4F78-A866-15830AB1367A.jpeg

Keith Martin

VOC Member
Yes that is it. I found some 302 float bowls but would rather have a 14 series. Please let me know. Hopefully can hear it run next week with the float bowl I have.
Look to see if you have a magneto like in the photo also!!!

Herman-Handlebars

Non-VOC Member
Yes that is it. I found some 302 float bowls but would rather have a 14 series. Please let me know. Hopefully can hear it run next week with the float bowl I have.
Look to see if you have a magneto like in the photo also!!!
Have you seen the magnetos advertised in MPH this month?

medat727

VOC Member
Keith,
So this is what I have, one new and one used, the new one is Amal 14/627, 15 degree bottom feed banjo, still have the box, never fitted, bolts right up to the TT, it does have the small banjo nuts, not sure what you are running on the rear carb. You are welcome to the new one, have to hold off on the used as I have another project in the wings and I will know in a few weeks if I need it, just let me know.
David
60455793-0884-4A6E-9589-1283FC8493AB.jpeg
D4BB846D-A526-4045-BF5F-90F4B28D60BF.jpeg