7/16 copper tube

mr.hutch

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Again, but not wishing, to confuse things, Blackgates Engineering in the UK supply 7/16" copper tube in 16 and 20 SWG, as model engineering suppliers, I assume they ship world wide and although you may pay for the post, as you are outside the EU, you will be exempt from the 20% VAT we unfortunates have to pay on a daily basis.
Their web address is www.blackates.co.uk
I know it's in the UK but they may post to Australia so have a look at Nogging Ends Metals. See:
http://www.nogginend.com/product/Copper-C106-Tube

Cheers000
Simon

Albervin

VOC Member
Dear Rip,
Not just an age thing. I look in draws and can't find things such a socks, etc. My wife looks and tells me they are where I've looked and I should move things as what you want may not be on the top! She says it is a man thing.;-)
I assume you mean the wife's draws :rolleyes: Look in your drawers!

Duff 51

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Chris
This is likely not that much help since the tubing is aluminum and you can't solder it but here goes Mc Master Carr who is on-line has aluminum soft bendable tubing in 7/16 OD part# 5177K48 it is .035" wall thickness it is also flareable.
Duff

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
Chris
This is likely not that much help since the tubing is aluminum and you can't solder it but here goes Mc Master Carr who is on-line has aluminum soft bendable tubing in 7/16 OD part# 5177K48 it is .035" wall thickness it is also flareable.
Duff

Chris,(and Duff 51) This interested me so I googled aluminium soldering, and it can be done with a low melting point silver solder.
Kevin

Duff 51

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Kevin
I hadn't thought of silver soldering the tubing but that sounds like a nice fix to a problem size OD tube stock. I do have a question about the comet breather problem since I don't own one, does the crank case not have a timing plug on the primary side? Or a tapped hole that is pluged on that side? There are other types of breathers that can vent a crank case besides a timed breather.
Duff

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
Duff, I am not sure exactly what you mean by a Timing Plug? If it is a plug whereby you can see some sort of timing mark on the flywheel, then with my relatively limited experience with Vincents I would say no, this issue has been approached MANY times in this forum and subsequently there are a multitude of remedies/breathers.
My Vincent has only run for a few minutes since I purchased it so I have not yet had the joy of a breather problem....time will tell;-)
Kevin

Chrish

Non-VOC Member
Chris
Duff

Hi Duff,

How is Aluminium with vibration, copper seems to have a certain amount of give and flexibility, but I'm not sure of Aluminium.

Chris