1950 Rapide value

Big Sid

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I years ago I boughs a B Shadow with a crumpled font end for $ 65.00 . A pal had a Brampton fork complete with wheel lying about , set it to me as a gift . He was drag racing his and had put on teles . I fitted it straight away , cleaned carbs and it started first kick . Also bought GT 750 Ducati , parts missing , sold as an abandoned Vehicle for $ 75.oo . Not long after a fellow brought the missing parts in to my shop , swapped him a new helmet for them . Built a superb machine , silver grey , hot motor , lovely . Sid .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Hi Mike
From way on the other side of Canada. I imagine you are in a pretty lonely (for Vincents anyway) spot on PEI. Four Vincents toured through there in 2001.

Anyway, where did it come from (is it coming from). Some questions around the Club may help identify what work (and by whom) has been done. Is it on the Rock?

If you want to make contact drop me a note at robert.watsonXXXXX@supplypost.com (remove the 4 XXXX -- it helps to stop the trolls on the internet) and maybe I can point you in a direction.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Perhaps it depends upon what type of collectors they are. If they are well intentioned people who are trying to preserve old machinery for future generations with no thought for profit then perhaps a 'preserve' of collectors might be an appropriate collective noun. On the other hand if they are a bunch of people who hope to take over the market in rarities and so force up the price to their own advantage and to the detriment of the rest of us then perhaps a 'pestilence' of collectors might be appropriate! Other suggestions welcome.