1950 Rapide value

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
In my collection of bikes there are Veteran, vintage, classic and modern machines. These allow me to participate in a wide variety of social events. I meet many wonderful people via these bikes and they enrich my life enormously. My wife has even made good friends through my "hobby/obsession". I have travelled a large part of the world to participate in rallies and so have also learned about different cultures. When I sell a bike (rarely) I replace it with something else that seems interesting (to me, anyway). Sidevalves, early 2 strokes, OHV and OHC from various countries have all been in my shed. All give pleasure, eventually, by riding and fiddling with them. Even though there are more bikes in my shed than there are months in the year at the moment, I consider myself an enthusiast rather than a collector. All bikes except one are able to be ridden at short notice (check oils, charge batteries, pump up tyres) and it has been known for me to lend them to friends so they too can enjoy them.

vibrac

VOC Member
you sound like me Albervin.
One should not have to narrow a view-You cant do a banbury on a Vincent

Rob H

VOC Member
In my opinion the difference is not down to the number of bikes you have but is as follows:

Collector investor - no real interest in using the bike on the road or having it in good mechanical condition as long as numbers match, is highly polished and it looks pretty in the garage, house or trailered to a show. Follows prices with great interest.

Collector Enthusiast - uses the bike on the road and maintains in best mechanical condition and working order. May only use on sunny days but still ridden as meant to be. Owns the bike because of what it is and not the money. Would still have it even if only worth little money.

Albervin

VOC Member
"Owns the bike because of what it is and not the money. Would still have it even if only worth little money."
Ah, that would be my Bridgestone 90 Deluxe!