The end of riding in Wales?

rapide049

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have just spent 51/2 weeks driving around the UK , You Poms have no space to move , cluttered roads , hedged in , and I didnt see one Vincent , saw 3 on the IOM , We had a great time , A big thankyou for sending us Down Under 235 yrs ago ,

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It is all a problem with the minority spoiling for the majority.

Sixty years ago there was no national speed limit, and they built the M1. Then Jaguar road tested their Le Mans cars up and down it… (I realise that they weren’t the only ones, but I single them out for taking the mick).

Just as a point of note, the biggest growth area in car sales is currently the ”SUV”, which is generally characterised as the Range Rover. A medium spec Range Rover weighs about 2.5 tons.
A point not often made is the stopping distance of a 1930 car when the 30 MPH limit was introduced and the ABS Disc brake distance of today
That of course applies to sensible cars as for those SUV (Silly urban Vehicle?) there is a private school near me I keep well clear of at school attendance time the incompetence of the drivers is in direct proportion to the price and size of the wagon they drive.