C: Clutch Multi Plate Clutch - Advice Please

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Sounds like the G6 top gear spinning on the G3 main shaft......... I just fixed one that had the same symptom, except it was running a brand new Videan multiplate clutch.......all fingers were pointing at the clutch but that wasn't the case........Good luck.

kerry

VOC Member
Hi Delboy, Yes strange, the first bit on take off is smooth but then when the clutch lever is fully let out with a bit more revs then it does lurch/grab a bit.
Hard to explain. My plan is to try on the road first, then second try and fit this still 'UNIDENTIFIED' clutch ! I thought someone would recognise it, maybe Stuart Spaulding will if I can find his detail. Thank you very much for your help. Kerry.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Also I think !!,
The only stress on the tang C 45 , Is when the nut C 20 is not tight enough,
Which then wears the Washer / Shim E 76 between the bearing and G 6,
Which makes it even more loose !.
Just my thoughts. Cheers Bill.

stu spalding

VOC Member
Hi Kerry, I can only suggest what I've said before. Sort out a dummy centre and read MPHs 820 and 821. It is imperative that the pivot bores and plunger bores are reclaimed to standard. Cheers, Stu.

timetraveller

VOC Member
One thing I have tried in the past to sort out a clutch is to start the bike, put the front wheel up against a tree or a wall and then slowly let out the clutch whle keeping the revs up. This is abusing the primary clutch and the parts of the movement where it is trying to engage the main clutch but it has made at least a couple of clutches behave properly afterwards. It costs nothing, is quick and you will know within minutes if more work is required. Good luck with it.

kerry

VOC Member
Hi Kerry, I can only suggest what I've said before. Sort out a dummy centre and read MPHs 820 and 821. It is imperative that the pivot bores and plunger bores are reclaimed to standard. Cheers, Stu.
Hi Stu, I think to sum up I will try it on the road first, then fit the 'unidentified clutch' which allows me time to get the original one fixed up, do you do them ?
Thanks.
Kerry.

stu spalding

VOC Member
Hi Kerry, I only do clutches as a favour to friends as my disabilities don't allow anything more. Look at post 14 and take it from there. Cheers, Stu.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
One thing I have tried in the past to sort out a clutch is to start the bike, put the front wheel up against a tree or a wall and then slowly let out the clutch whle keeping the revs up. This is abusing the primary clutch and the parts of the movement where it is trying to engage the main clutch but it has made at least a couple of clutches behave properly afterwards. It costs nothing, is quick and you will know within minutes if more work is required. Good luck with it.
Welcome back Norman, you have been missed, how are you doing?