C: Clutch G96

passenger0_0

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Kevin, have you checked the clutch end to see if someone has fitted a custom thrust bearing with pushrod extension?

davidd

VOC Member
Richardson (third edition p. 69) lists the twin-clutch pushrod at 12-5/16" OAL (31.27 CM).

David

stu spalding

VOC Member
My twin is a late C with the D mainshaft G3/1 and shoe carrier C3/3. In the B and C parts list G96 is only listed as a single item and is shown as such on MO25. In the D list the pushrod is listed as G96/1(short) 2off. Does anyone know the significance of (short)? Cheers, Stu.

Kevin Emery

VOC Member
Thank you for your responses so far.

I have had this clutch apart on a number of occasions and everything appears to be standard.

I note davidd's reference to Richardsons stating the pushrod is 12 5/16". That fits with two pushrods at 6" each and a 1/4" roller. (Nearly).

I started this thread because I thought my pushrod was slightly too long at 10 1/2" and wanted to know how much I could cut off it.

I am know at a loss to understand how this pushrod can work at all. It should be 12 5/16" long it is 10 1/2" long. That appears to be 1 13/16" too short. The clutch is a little sharp tending towards the on/off that is why I am trying to adjust it. But the clutch works. If the pushrod is 1 13/16" too short it shouldn't work. It would not be long enough to lift the clutch plate. No amount of adjustment on the clutch lever G91 would compensate for the excess length of the pushrod.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
What about if G93 was the wrong way round ?,
I say wrong , But I have been putting it the "Wrong way " for some time now,
I prefer it that way, But I am Strange !, That may give you a half inch ?.

The other thing, Is there any rollers left in the hole ?,, Is the hole clear ?.
Good Luck Bill.

Attachments

• MO25.gif
    MO25.gif
    109.5 KB · Views: 14