C: Clutch Clutchplate

teunvandriel

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Question, new clutchplates C21 (inner, outer), are they 100% flat or slightly saucer-shaped

1690885819598.jpeg

oexing

VOC Member
Typically from grabbing clutch and overheating at traffic lights. For preventing this you can slot them with a hacksaw , 4-6 slots radially I´d say. So then less warping of total plate.

Vic

P1040226.JPG

erik

VOC Member
I would say Horex Regina 400 with stiffeningtubes below the engine ? Erik

oexing

VOC Member
Yes, Regina, was first series 350 but modded for 400 cc and one ex pipe cut and head welded up for mimicking a "Sports" Regina with single ex pipe. This is not my bike but Toni´s, who had troubles from -- warped clutch plates ! So then we changed plates for slotted types , plus he got my 28mm Bing plus bellmouth - goes quite well he reported.
The "stiffening" tubes I´d call homeopathic effect, small plus the bends - hard to notice any benefit on the road . But then various communities got their various "cool" goodies everybody needs for respect. A bit like 2 " ex pipes on Vincents I suspect, nobody elsewhere would want that size on their bikes, not worth the hassle.

Vic
P1040824.JPG

teunvandriel

VOC Member
In the absence of a flat grinder, I just grind the clutch plates (if they are not too warped) as flat as possible with coarse grinding paste on a glass plate (MUCH WORK!)

1691242796161.jpeg

teunvandriel

VOC Member
Right now I have the primary side open anyway. Maybe a tip, for securing the ESA I have been using a "Nord Lock" locking ring for years, see internet. Perfect stuff, but the inner diameter (25 mm) is a bit too tight, but just grind it out with a Dremel tool. I used to use a locking wire.

1691242906822.jpeg
1691243226766.jpeg

vibrac

VOC Member
In the absence of a flat grinder, I just grind the clutch plates (if they are not too warped) as flat as possible with coarse grinding paste on a glass plate (MUCH WORK!)
Wow dedication! Any small engineering shop will have a surface grinder 10 min job

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
Right now I have the primary side open anyway. Maybe a tip, for securing the ESA I have been using a "Nord Lock" locking ring for years, see internet. Perfect stuff, but the inner diameter (25 mm) is a bit too tight, but just grind it out with a Dremel tool. I used to use a locking wire.

View attachment 60186 View attachment 60187
Yes very good one Teun. I will get some

I always used to put MSO2 grease on the far end of the mainshaft tread, and bit of blue 243 locktite deep in the nut.
So not all the way fixed, and greased when taking off.

Well thats the idea...