H: Hubs, Wheels and Tyres Brake Linings

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Fortunately when I sent an early twin to Australia a few years ago they only asked for an affidavit for the brake linings, which I could do as I had had them relined with modern non asbestos material. They never asked about the clutch!, or the friction dampers on the steering damper or Brampton forks!

kerry

VOC Member
There are so many documents to fill in particularly to do with asbestos, one very interesting fact though, Tasmania has a population of 400,000 and has 62 Vincents on this Island, must be the highest concentration in the world ? an interesting fact for the MPH magazine perhaps ?

IRBrock

Active Forum User
VOC Member
There are so many documents to fill in particularly to do with asbestos, one very interesting fact though, Tasmania has a population of 400,000 and has 62 Vincents on this Island, must be the highest concentration in the world ? an interesting fact for the MPH magazine perhaps ?
Can't explain that. I live in Canberra, Nation's Capital, roughly same population, wouldn't be more than 20% of the number of Vins. in Tassie, to my knowledge.
Ian.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Regrettably I have never visited (yet) but I would guess it is an idyllic place to live, especially for the reasonably wealthy older demographic, which just also happens to describe the average Vincent owner.

Last edited:

delboy

VOC Member
I was told by a Ferodo agent that the material used in the seat dampers was called "Bonrest". A woven material strip used in old cars for seating the bonnet of a car to it's body.
No hard evidence but, If I had to guess, I'd say the probability was that it had asbestos in it.
Regards,
delboy.

Shane998

Non-VOC Member
A
Also a lot of Broughs