Wellseal

Chris Launders

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Are you thinking of the drink "jubbly" that came in a pyramidical waxed card container,I seem to vaguely remember one when I was a kid,can't recall what it was though.
Alan, just make another gasket it's probably easier.

alscomet

VOC Member
Chris, Some one recently said to me " doent use that fancy three bond on your gaskets as you have to throw them away after use" use Wellseal, which I did its like trying to remove XXXX from a blanket and then I still throw the gaskets away. I sent for new gaskets and just used sandpaper on my fingers.Its a good job I didnt get any on my Muff.

nkt267

VOC Member
Are you thinking of the drink "jubbly" that came in a pyramidical waxed card container
YUP!!!..When I was a kid the 'homeless' that lived on old bomb sites used to drink it..Also available frozen from vending machines..John

John Cone

VOC Member
The corner shop in London where my Grandparents lived in the 60's still sells them, orange, lime or blackcurrant. £1.25. made in Italy.

alscomet

VOC Member
Just to finish on the subject I have a list of stuff out of the garage that doesnt remove Wellseal,
Meths,White Spirit,Muck off bike cleaner,Stuff you put on the drive to remove oil spills,Easy Start,
WD 40,Petrol,Diesel,Jayes Fluid,Electrical switch cleaner,Tyre Shine,Wheel Acid Cleaner,in fact anything
in the garage is useless,I had some mild success with Cellulose thinners ,now where did I put the shot blast cabinet.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
It is called WELLSEAL, this is obviously why,nothing moves it.
I have only used it without a gasket so can scrape it off, I hope.