Welcome to new Forum Website member, Raaf

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Raaf - welcome to the online Forum Website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club Forum Website.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Raaf

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thank you for welcoming me here. I am from Holland and just joined as a member of the VOC. Not yet an owner of a Vincent, but gathering info and considering buying a Rapide or Black Shadow C/D-series. Considering, because I am most in doubt if I will fit on a Rapide/Black Shadow with my length 190cm/6.2ft. Any experiences are appreciated.
I always liked the 1000cc Vincents, started as a child with a Model that I had. But never was as serious interested owning one like now. Recently sold my Moto Guzzi 1000S and bought some modern "thing". Maybe that woke up my interest again. My 1000S website will stay online, although the motorcycle is sold: https://www.1000s.nl/english/home.html

Best regards, Roger

timetraveller

VOC Member
Don't worry about your height Roger. There are plenty of people riding Vincents who are as tall, or taller, than you. I am not one of them. Also remember that foot rest postions, gear change lever angle and much more are all adjustable on a Vincent. It is one of their joys.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Here you go..... Bid often and bid high! ;-))
Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 11.57.03.png

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Welcome Raaf,
I am over 6 foot and my legs don't bend as good as they should,
So I made up rear set footrests , Using the rear rests mounted a bit further forward,
Worked for me for many years , Cheers Bill.

Attachments

• IMG_20210915_130555 (3).jpg
    IMG_20210915_130555 (3).jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 11

Raaf

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Don't worry about your height Roger. There are plenty of people riding Vincents who are as tall, or taller, than you. I am not one of them. Also remember that foot rest postions, gear change lever angle and much more are all adjustable on a Vincent. It is one of their joys.
Thanks, didn't know about adjustable parts for the feet.

Here you go..... Bid often and bid high! ;-))
I prefer to see the motor live before bidding, but even prefer not to go to an Auction. Also have to learn some more about the Vincent before making this last step. Thanks anyway!
For me looking on the main land Europe is preferred, now it is more paperwork and harder to get a license plate on a motorcycle after the Brexit.

Yes, I found that place before. Good place, for selling/buying, the way they organize it. But like above, first have to try main land Europe. And still have to be patient and take my time (to learn more about Vincent).

Welcome Raaf,
I am over 6 foot and my legs don't bend as good as they should,
So I made up rear set footrests , Using the rear rests mounted a bit further forward,
Worked for me for many years , Cheers Bill.
Thanks. Good to know and an option if the adjustable parts won’t give what I need. Knees are "ok", but start complaining on long rides. Also have to think forward, it won’t stay like that forever.

Last edited:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Raaf , The early bikes have a girder front fork, Not too bad,
From about 1950 they had Girdraulic front forks, I think they need an Hydraulic steering Damper,
For your safety, Just my thoughts.
Cheers Bill.

Raaf

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Raaf , The early bikes have a girder front fork, Not too bad,
From about 1950 they had Girdraulic front forks, I think they need an Hydraulic steering Damper,
For your safety, Just my thoughts.
Cheers Bill.
I really like the Girdraulic forks for the looks. I know, not the best way to make a choice. I noticed more comments about this fork in this forum and will certainly keep in mind what you told me here. Just found your steering damper on your Vincent, under the steering head.
Regards, Roger

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Yes Roger, Mine is only £87 plus 2 easy brackets,
There is another kit for about £125 done at the moment by one of our Forum Lad's,
May look better to some.

Attachments

• IMG_20220517_134451 (3).jpg
    IMG_20220517_134451 (3).jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 17