Welcome to new forum website member, Mark N

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Mark N - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Mark N

Forum User
VOC Member
Having always (well, for 40 years) wanted a Vincent, I took the plunge this winter and bought a 1950 series C Comet.
I’ve not had the chance to go out for a ride yet, but look forward to doing so once the warmer weather arrives and I’ve had the chance to check her over.
I’ve not joined the VOC as I would like to find out where sections meet before making the decision.
I doubt I shall contribute much to the forum as I know little about Vincents at this point in time.
Looking forward to the summer...

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Section meetings are a tiny part of Vincent ownership, in fact I know many members who have never been to a section meeting at all.
I don't attend my local ones very often as although there are 3, they are all a 100 mile round trip, but I am a fairly active member of this forum and rider.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Section meetings are a tiny part of Vincent ownership, in fact I know many members who have never been to a section meeting at all.
I don't attend my local ones very often as although there are 3, they are all a 100 mile round trip, but I am a fairly active member of this forum and rider.
I disagree Chris.
To some section meetings are the center of their interaction with the club. In my section, East Midlands I rarely attend the monthly Friday night meeting but when the weather gets better there will be plenty of weekend runs which I go to, usually ending at a cafe or something. There are even some silly buggers like me who still throw a tent on the back on the Vin and ride to a weekend camping rally in other parts of the country. I know several East Midland members who have never been on this forum and say they are not interested in it as they joined the VOC to ride their bike and meet real people rather than stare at a computer screen. Everybody gets something different from the club.

Mark N

Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks for the replies; I’m a member of several one-make clubs but don’t attend section meetings because of the distances, but am hoping to get to a VOC section if I can.
I’m in Tonbridge, Kent.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Thanks for the replies; I’m a member of several one-make clubs but don’t attend section meetings because of the distances, but am hoping to get to a VOC section if I can.
I’m in Tonbridge, Kent.
There are a few sections near you. The North Kent Section meet at Gravesend and Kent & Sussex section are a bit further south. It not my area as I’m from up north, so maybe somebody in either section can advise you when and where exactly.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Simon I was pointing out there is a great deal more to the club than just section meetings and agree everybody gets something different from the club.

timetraveller

VOC Member
In the Kent and Sussex Section we already have an occasional visitor from your area, Maidstone. We have not seen him, or many others, durimg the covid problem but you would be very welcome if you wish to come down here.