Welcome to new forum website member, JCO

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@JCO - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

JCO

Forum User
VOC Member
Hello,
French motocycle enthusiast, 58 years old, living near Paris.
I do not own a Vincent H.R.D. at the moment but looking to buy one (a Comet).
My interest in the marque dates back to the early 1990s when I first met Patrick Godet. I then owned a 1954 Series C Black Shadow and an Egli Vincent for several years.
Charisma, engineering excellence, a strong following are for me some of the qualities of the marque.
I love to travel by bike, all by myself (been twice to Morocco before the Covid19 episode with my 701 Husqvarna, riding through the Atlas mountains, the sand dunes and to the Atlantic ocean, and then back to Paris).
Will a Comet take me there ? A trip to the Alps or to Brittany seems more realistic (and maybe as exciting) but who knows ?
Kind regards
Jean-Christophe

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Jean my handsome, a Comet will take you to the moon if there were sufficient petrol stations on route to come back again a service might be required ! I did Paris 1968 for Christmas as I had a French girlfriend at the time and then did the Elephant rally in Germany in 1969 with my mate Tim two up, lovely bike and far less troublesome than a twin, but not the same feeling.
I do have a Comet I want to move on as I've just bought a "D" Comet bitza to build up my set but have two "C" Comets.
bananaman.
An all matching standard example only mod is indicators for safety
IMG_2975.jpeg

Newly restored so all items guaranteed £ 18,500

IMG_2973.jpeg

The red one is a Bitza but really promised to a French grand daughter as her mum has a red Rapide £ 17k
P1050494.jpg

Last edited:

JCO

Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Marcus, thanks a lot for this very tempting offer.
But since Britain has decided to cast off for a different journey (trying to be diplomatic here), I tend to look for machines already registered in the continent to avoid paying an extra 20% VAT on the price.
Having said that, the possibility to find a good example is far greater in the UK than in Continental Europe so I would still be interested to have more details/pics on your Comet (the black one will be fine). You can send them to this address : j-ch.ollieric@orange.fr