Welcome to new forum website member, Foxcombe

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Foxcombe - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Foxcombe

Forum User
VOC Member
Retired, born 1952. Based Nr Sherborne, Dorset. Always had an interest in Pre war cars and bikes. So love the Engineering skill from those days.
Always ridden modern bikes (should I mention BMW’S), lots European tour stuff.
Had some medical issues about 5 years ago, all good and fully fit (Play lots golf) But did sell my last BMW four years ago.
Have various friends with Velos and a Vincent, so decided to step in and look at options to start riding again. Was put off single pot 50’s English bikes after going to a dealer with a good bike/engineering friend who between them failed for nearly an hour to start two separate Velocette’s. Ended up buying a 1985 Honda GB500T, lovely original bike, but not British and not the engineering of my Prewar cars.
When you really look around the Vincent was the only choice.
Now a very proud and happy owner of a 1952 Black Shadow Series C, matching numbers. It’s been in a few collections in the States and for the past 8 years in a collection in Switzerland. Has not been used very much and never seen in the UK but running beautifully. Some oils and bits to do, and I will be riding it.
Interested in the club to find like minded enthusiasts to share knowledge, riding and enjoy these lovely bikes.
Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: