Welcome to new Forum Website member, Elanman39

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Elanman39 - welcome to the online Forum Website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club Forum Website.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Elanman39

Forum User
VOC Member
Hi, my names Nick and I was brought home from St Albans city hospital where I was born on the back of Dad's Comet with Mum holding me in her arms. She never forgave him..... He had to sell the bike and get an A40 van to transport me around, he never forgave me.....
Mum and Dad have both gone now and it's finally safe for me to get a Comet of my very own!

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Nick my handsome, that's the best story I've heard as an excuse to buy a Vincent, have you bought one yet ? As I do have a lot of Comet parts, PM me and we will discuss.
bananaman.

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi, my names Nick and I was brought home from St Albans city hospital where I was born on the back of Dad's Comet with Mum holding me in her arms. She never forgave him..... He had to sell the bike and get an A40 van to transport me around, he never forgave me.....
Mum and Dad have both gone now and it's finally safe for me to get a Comet of my very own!
Good beginnings! You must be holidaying (or possibly working) in Canada at the moment?

Elanman39

Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Marcus, Hi Robert, thanks for your replies. I have just bought a Comet, hopefully I get to collect it on return to the UK from the holiday we are on in Canada. I say hopefully as we have managed to contract Covid over here and are currently (voluntarily) locked up in isolation.... Not quite the holiday we had hoped for. The good news is I have spent much of the past 4 days reading and watching all sorts of Vincent related stuff on the internet, so at least I haven't been bored! I probably will need parts Marcus, once I have a better idea of what I'll drop you a pm. Nick