Welcome to new Forum Website member, Dogmanwal

Dogmanwal

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Just found this article on the internet about the 100,000 mile test and it shows Tony Rose on the bike with Jim Redman in the sidecar. Could Jim Redman be James Regan? Its just over half way down the page:

Thank you very much, that picture is Jim Reagan and not Redman, im wondering if the article on the Vincent 100,000 mile ride that is shown as a reprint from BMS
is the same or perhaps it mentions Jim, in which case I would buy it.

Dogmanwal

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thank you very much, that picture is Jim Reagan and not Redman, im wondering if the article on the Vincent 100,000 mile ride that is shown as a reprint from BMS
is the same or perhaps it mentions Jim, in which case I would buy it.
Just for the info of the group, Jim told us that there were three people who rode the bike, if one of them was at work or busy then one of the other two would take the bike, usually a longer trip. Tony Rose would be one, Jim Reagan another no idea who the third is. Should I find out who the third rider was I will of course let the group know. Regards, ride safe. Walt

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
@Dogmanwal I don't know if this helps but I found this article from Motor Cycling magazine dated 12th Feb 1953 whilst scanning something else. The article refers to a co driver Jim Regan.

Attachments

• Tony Rose endurance test a.jpg
    Tony Rose endurance test a.jpg
    554.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Tony Rose endurance test b.jpg
    Tony Rose endurance test b.jpg
    711.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Tony Rose endurance test c.jpg
    Tony Rose endurance test c.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 12