Welcome to new Forum Website member, Blueskinner

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Blueskinner - welcome to the online Forum Website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club Forum Website.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Welcome my handsome your flag is so small I Cann't tell if it you are an Aussie or KiWi. I'm supposed to be your representative so any thing you don't like about this club let me know and I'll try and sort it for you.
bananaman.

Blueskinner

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I’m faced with the reality of dismantling the Clear Hooter switch in order the rewire the unit to a new wiring loom. There appears to be a brass rivet running axially and a blind rivet inside retaining the connection block. Hopefully! By removing these the whole unit should come apart. Reassembly will be the next adventure. Or!!! Leave it alone and jury rig solder the loom wires to the existing tails of the original wires. Life is choices but in most cases experience trumps experiments.

Chris Launders

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Is this the number 12 horn dip switch.
If so the insides should just pop out and the wires are retained by screws, the brass rivet is just holding a leaf spring for the horn button, which stays in situ and the blind rivet is the bottom of one of the wire terminals.
Just push down on the switch and the internals should come out.

Attachments

• P1010396.JPG
    P1010396.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 6

Blueskinner

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Exactly what I needed to know thank you ever so much Chris. Mine must be just gummed up. I can now go and give it a judicious push as Radco advises and you recommend. Brilliant.