Welcome to new forum website member, Bernard

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Bernard - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Bernard

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
First of all, I want to apologize that my English is rusty.
In 1976 I bought a 1947 Vincent Rapide B in Switzerland in boxes. There was only one other previous owner. Previously, I drove 2 BSA Twins. A A7 and an A10RGS
Currently I have just assembled the Dave Hills centerstand because it is good for mine for my back.
About the e-starter (Grosset) I have a question that maybe someone could answer me:
Has someone already tried to disassemble the decompressor for one cylinder, then start the engine as a single and then release the decompressor?
For example: if I start the engine under cold condition, without using the decompressor but without spark plug in the front cylinder, it starts easily on the rear.

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
First of all, I want to apologize that my English is rusty.
In 1976 I bought a 1947 Vincent Rapide B in Switzerland in boxes. There was only one other previous owner. Previously, I drove 2 BSA Twins. A A7 and an A10RGS
Currently I have just assembled the Dave Hills centerstand because it is good for mine for my back.
About the e-starter (Grosset) I have a question that maybe someone could answer me:
Has someone already tried to disassemble the decompressor for one cylinder, then start the engine as a single and then release the decompressor?
For example: if I start the engine under cold condition, without using the decompressor but without spark plug in the front cylinder, it starts easily on the rear.
With the Grosset starter, my 1948 Rapide starts without using the decompressor. You may need a better battery.