Welcome to new forum website member, Bartarie

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Bartarie - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Bartarie

Forum User
VOC Member
Good evening ladies and gentleman,

Im very new to this scene. But im happy to introduce myself:

My name is Barrie from the Netherlands, 33 years of age. Allways been very enthousiastic about motorcycles, especially building and riding them. In ca 2010 ish i accidently stumbled on a Vincent Egli in the Netherlands, and immediately fell in love with this engine/bike. I was already loving cafe racing bikes, and knew immediately this is for me "the holy grail".

Years went by, and i started roadracing 50cc bikes in europe had lots of fun. And was starting a new bike couple of years ago, but in the mean time my girlfriend got pregnant. By the time i knew it became a boy, this was an easy decision: a common name nothing new and fancy. Which has a good meaning and is also related to a great motorcycle.

My girlfriend tried to make it "Vince" but i won and now we are the happy parents of our little Vincent for 2,5 years now.

My "new bike to be" sits in our little workshop now, untouched for too long. And i dont see it coming to ride entire seasons anymore, so im consider to dismantle this bike. Sell it and try to get my hands on some Vincent stuff.

I know how to use my hands with experience on allmost every aspect of working with metal, from CNC milling to oxy acetylene welding aluminium. And after more then 3 years of a burn out situation i do want to pick up my life a bit, and start a project.

Because of a lot of difficulties nowadays getting a bike legal on the road as a "homebuilt" bike, i do think the best option for me is to build a Norvin type of bike. Which i like from design very well, or find a way to get a "homebuilt" license plate and work on an Egli type of bike. Stuff does not have to be vintage Vincent parts to me, as long as it will be recognised as a Vincent engine in a proper frame im fine. Offcourse because of my racing pedigree i will work on the best handling as possible. Both to enjoy myself as long as possible, but also to hand over to my little man when im not here anymore.

I have some difficulties as it comes to social stuff because of Autism, but i don't think im on my own within this club. Please excuse me if my writing style is not free from faults, or if im saying stuff way too directly.

Thanks for taking the time to read my introduction. And have a nice day!
Assen 2017.jpge9093ff8-e359-47c8-9943-2f5a42d887dc.JPG