Welcome to new Forum Website member, andymay

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@andymay - welcome to the online Forum Website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club Forum Website.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

G

Graham Smith

Great to have you on-board @andymay

Our local North Kent Section meet once a fortnight at the Darnley Arms in Cobham, Kent. That's probably most local to you.

We're there tomorrow night from about 8.30pm and we'll also have a Member from New Zealand who is coming to visit us.

On 2nd April 2023 we have our annual All Fools Meet https://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk/threads/north-kent-section-all-fools-meet.18734
There's always plenty of interesting bikes there from the local and surrounding areas.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Hello Graham and Bruce; thanks for the replies.

With a following wind I should be able to make it down to Cobham tomorrow evening so if you see somebody looking lost it'll be me!

Yes, I was aware of bikes for sale section - interesting, but nothing for me there at the moment. I will keep checking back. I've order the "Original Vincent Motorcycle" book so am hoping that will at least give me a good overview for the purchase ahead.

Perhaps it would also be useful to state some basic requirements:

- B or C Series Rapide
- UFM and Engine Numbers Matching (not too concerned about rear frame)
- Will be "used" so modifications to enhance the experience are OK, but nothing radical
- 5" Speedo would be nice
- Budget limit of £35K for a bike up and running well, or priced commensurate with required works to achieve that condition.
Worth keeping an eye on what is in stock at the Vincent Spares Co.

G

Graham Smith

With a following wind I should be able to make it down to Cobham tomorrow evening so if you see somebody looking lost it'll be me!
Keep your eyes peeled for a load of blokes sitting at a big table as you walk in. @ray vinmad @delboy @Paul Adams regular visitors to this forum are usually there, plus others.

Don't be surprised if you don't see any bikes outside in this cold weather!

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
Graham, the NZ visitor is probably the same Kiwi that was seen lurking around in Vancouver last week.
20230113_112756.jpg

Colin

VOC Member
Hi Andy
We have some members in Folkestone, Hythe and Lydd area and in summer in particular often go for a ride finishing up at Headcorn as the cafe is good, there is always something to see and often a Spitfire.. Hope you find the Rapide you want but if not ,or you have a rethink I have a very, very nice matching numbers Comet including period accessories, & history, for sale
Hello Graham and Bruce; thanks for the replies.

Yes, I was aware of bikes for sale section - interesting, but nothing for me there at the moment. I will keep checking back. I've order the "Original Vincent Motorcycle" book so am hoping that will at least give me a good overview for the purchase ahead.

Perhaps it would also be useful to state some basic requirements:

- B or C Series Rapide
- UFM and Engine Numbers Matching (not too concerned about rear frame)
- Will be "used" so modifications to enhance the experience are OK, but nothing radical
- 5" Speedo would be nice
- Budget limit of £35K for a bike up and running well, or priced commensurate with required works to achieve that condition.

If you want ,keep in touch, and PM me
I'm ex RAF albeit only National Service, but 45 years with VOC
Hello everyone,

By way of introduction, my name is Andy May and live in Kent. An ex-RAF aircraft engineer and general petrolhead at heart, I love being around classic/vintage bikes, cars and aircraft. Over the years I've had many interesting cars and bikes and no doubt conversations about those will come out in the fullness of time. Now retired, the cars are gone, but when I'm not fixing/riding one of my bikes I can be found flying one of the Tiger Clubs 1930's Tiger Moth biplanes or volunteering as groundcrew at Aero Legends at Headcorn on Spitfires, Harvard or Tigers.

Having been born in Stevenage, only a few minutes drive from the old Vincent Works, it was not likely that I would finish my days without acquiring one of these great machines. Indeed, I still remember visiting Stevenage Old Town High Street as a small child; my parents filling the car up at the petrol station that used to be half way along the parade of shops; and the heady smell in the coffee shop that used to grind beans by the ounce as you waited.

Why have I joined the Club? Well its now as good a time as any to get on and make that purchase, so I'm looking for a Series B or C Rapide that I can actually use. Joining the club seemed like a logical first step as I've spotted a few likely machines up for sale that might well fit my requirements and obviously such a purchase is best not contemplated without the support, knowledge and experience of the club.

I look forward to getting involved and joining in with as many events as I can once the trigger is pulled!

Kind regards

Andy May
Hi Andy
Welcome to VOC. Ther are a few of us around Folkestone, Hythe, and Lydd, and when the mood takes us we often have a ride out to Headcorn, as the cafe is good, there's always some thing to see, often a Spitfire. Keep in touch and maybe see you there
I'm ex RAF albeit only National Service. Air Wireless Mech. Not what you are looking for but I have a very interesting Comet for sale, If you want to have a look plus my other 8 bikes, then PM me. Short time in RAF but 45 odd years with VOC (would'nt get that for murder, would you!