Website Update

G

Graham Smith

In the next couple of weeks there'll be a significant upgrade to our forum which amongst other things will allow…

Native push notifications on supported devices/browsers
Tables in posts
Reactions to posts
URL unfurling
Emoji enhancements including an improved smilie menu with easy emoji access
Video uploads
Approval queue improvements (which we use in the background)
Guest performance improvements including guest page caching
Content bookmarking and sharing
A really simple way of upgrading the forum going forward, which will potentially save me loads of time.
BB code and rich text editing for profile posts and comments

I'll post again when I know when it's likely to be.

Nulli Secundus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Graham,

Recently the Rudge Enthusiasts Club made a simple change to their forum, which I should also point out is more basic than this forum.

The change was to have the latest post at the top, so if you had an alert notifying you had 3 new posts in a thread within a certain category and clicked on it you were directed to the last post. This then meant you read something that did not make sense due to the fact you had not read the previous post(s) that led up to it.

The thread notifying the change to the forum was inundated by people saying they did not like it. No one came forward to say they liked the change and nobody put their hand up to admit it was their idea. The forum was very quickly returned to how it was.

I hope the changes to this forum will still follow the logic we are use to.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I had a quick play on the Vintage site, But found them hard work, Never really clicked with the Vintage Club,
I only joined for the racing, Back in 1970 ish. My fault not there's. Cheers Bill.

Nulli Secundus

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Not wishing to hijack Graham's thread, but I assume you mean VMCC Bill?

I do not particularly like their site and also cannot get accepted on their BHR (British Historic Racing ) forum. I have tried and tried again but all attempts to contact the administrators fail. As I race and therefore support that wing of the club it is a pretty poor show. I should be a member by default!

Sorry Graham. Bill PM to talk more if you like.