Vokes Filters

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
My guess is that the " Australian dust" arose from inside your petrol tank rather than the external atmosphere; unless, of course, your ride was to Birdsville. On most Australian roads you will not get enough crap in the air to make any difference- particularly if your machine spends most of its time in a "bubble"; whatever that is! I would drain your petrol tank through a fine mesh if I were you, if you find nothing amiss,change your petrol station. Also, cheap in-line fuel filters are a better investment than Vokes cleaners if you are actually using the machine. Bits of abrasive grit left behind after a "RESTORATION" will do a lot more harm than using the jigger as it was intended.

redbloke1956

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Last week end I had a great ride using only the right hand carb, following a flooding problem ! I was subsequently surprised to find fine sand (Australian dust?) in my carbies, paticularly as the bike is kept in a "bubble" and is not used a lot. So my question to the experienced Gentlemen... Modern bikes have an air filter over the carb mouth, but why do Vincent owners generally not have these . The Vokes appear to have good reports. Is it simply aesthetics ?
Hi Ian,
I think you might find it is a common problem found down your way called "Dirty Sydney Air" In Queensland we only use "sun dried filtered air" the air is triple filtered through the undies of "Wally, Alfie and Big Mal", it is then thoroughly washed with the tears of the NSW State Of Origin Team

Kevin