VMT 713 Black Shadow where is it now??

STEPXL

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Below is a letter from KA Montgomery to Jack Cape in 1983. In the letter apart from Jacks Bike OMU816 [Now belongs to me] Ken mentions a very special Black shadow VMT 713. Was wondering what ever happend to that Bike
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Jack,
I thank you for letter 9 Sept concerning possession of HRD Black Shadow No OMU816.
After 31 years it’s difficult to appreciate that a Vincent could live so long. However I have to tell you that your machines was No 2 of the 3 I owned over a period of few years. I started motor cycling in the 1930’s and makes include AJS VELICETTE,JAMES, FRANCIS BARNETT,TRIUMPH TWINS AND MANY MORE PLUS VINCENTS RAPIDES, BLACK SHADOWS AND A SPECIAL VMT 713.
I have found a photo of each one which may be of interest to you. VMT 713 was a machine which Vincent’s of STEVANGE built especially for me. it combines features of Rapide and Black shadow and lightning all into one special order. it was a black shadow engine but engine not black. You will notice from the photo it had all alloy wheels, drilled engine plates and numerous other features that made it unique. It passed to Frank Alexander whom I haven’t seen for years,

Am still the proud owner of several trophies which this beautiful machines won. They were happy days and I am sure that my mileage in cars will never catch up with the number in two wheels.
Nice to have memories at 73 years of age though would still enjoy a ride.
Good luck with the OMU816
Signed
KA Montgomery (Circa Sept 1983 aged 73)
83 Downing Drive
Evington
Leicester LE5 6LL
Tel (0553) 415741

Last edited: