vinyl transfers

charles d cannon jr

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Is anyone aware of a source for vinyl transfers of ALL the variants of the Mercury crest symbol on top of the tank? I' ve seen vinyl examples of the "HRD" transfer and "Vincent Engineers" transfer,( as well as the tankside "Vincent" transfer) but not of the Mercury transfer that was used between those two above variants. My painter, who is very careful, has had "lifting" of the waterslide transfers on two separate painting attempts, despite allowing the waterslides to dry completely, and " misting" them. He is using the same clear coat he used on another one of my tanks that was successfully clearcoated. Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated. Thanks

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Yes, page 45 of the Brittish American Catalog lists all three. If they are not listed in vinyl just ask them. They are converting all of their decals to vinyl, so they are happy to do it.

http://www.classictransfers.co.uk/pages/catalogues-price-lists/british-american-catalogue.php

Regarding the lifting, I have never done anything special with water slides. I use PPG paint, but I have been spraying Nasson clear recently as the store was close. Nasson is a Dupont product. It may be luck!

David