Vincents are not road worthy

Monkeypants

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The problem isn't Government, it is people, Government is just the enforcer.
Above Pebble Beach in California there is a short privately owned road. The road is jointly owned by all of the very wealthy SOBs who live along this extremely beautiful chunk of Real Estate. Apparently they are not quite wealthy enough because they have made the road a toll road , charging visitor ten bucks admission to the road, which from memory looked to be about a half mile long and has a great view of the backsides of all of their mansions, plus the Pacific Ocean on the other side. My wife and I were about to drive down it, then read the sign about the tolls, which were bad enough, but it was the last item on the sign that truly pissed me off. They do not allow motorcycles to drive down their little road!
So it is good that we have Governments to hold back the high and mighty, without them you can see what happens, every road would be a toll road and a very selective toll road at that.
The irony is that there are some very prized motorcycles stored in some of those mansions. Stored but not ridden.

I feel much better now.

Glen

johnmead

Non-VOC Member
The problem isn't Government, it is people, Government is just the enforcer.
Above Pebble Beach in California there is a short privately owned road. The road is jointly owned by all of the very wealthy SOBs who live along this extremely beautiful chunk of Real Estate. Apparently they are not quite wealthy enough because they have made the road a toll road , charging visitor ten bucks admission to the road, which from memory looked to be about a half mile long and has a great view of the backsides of all of their mansions, plus the Pacific Ocean on the other side. My wife and I were about to drive down it, then read the sign about the tolls, which were bad enough, but it was the last item on the sign that truly pissed me off. They do not allow motorcycles to drive down their little road!
So it is good that we have Governments to hold back the high and mighty, without them you can see what happens, every road would be a toll road and a very selective toll road at that.
The irony is that there are some very prized motorcycles stored in some of those mansions. Stored but not ridden.

I feel much better now.

Glen

Get a life. As you said it is a PRIVATELY OWNED road so the owners can do as they please.

John Mead

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
Sure they can, that is the point. It is just as well that they only own a half mile chunk of road tho. The point is that as bad as Governments may seem with regulations, they are nothing compared with what happens with private ownership of roadways. In this case, if your mode of transport is a motorcycle, you can't go here, period.
Governments are bombarded from all sides with this kind of Special Interest thinking, unfortunately some of it gets through.

Glen

Last edited:

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Sure they can, that is the point. It is just as well that they only own a half mile chunk of road tho. The point is that as bad as Governments may seem with regulations, they are nothing compared with what happens with private ownership of roadways. In this case, if your mode of transport is a motorcycle, you can't go here, period.
Governments are bombarded from all sides with this kind of Special Interest thinking, unfortunately some of it gets through.

Glen
It's the "Golden Rule", Glen........ those with the Gold rule. The 99% better wake up and soon.