Vac Bag

Russell Icke

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Anyone had any experience of one of these? I was chatting to a guy at kempton today who was singing there praises. My garage is very damp and these seem like a good solution with bikes being laid up over winter months

vibrac

VOC Member
Many of my bikes are in a part timbered barn never gets condensation even with this years new year heat wave followed by frost. air circulation does the trick.

Andy9ksaab

New Forum User
VOC Member
My first post, Yay!!
I sealed my CB550 in a Vacbag a year ago and because i have had no real opportunity to use it last summer that is where it has stayed. All i can say is every time i look at it through the plastic bag i never see condensation and the humidity sensor still reads a nice dry 60% RH, whatever the conditions outside.

My garage is concrete with an asbestos flat roof and in most winters suffers from condensation (a good reason to pull it down and build a timber one!)

As long as the air is dry when you seal it i reckon they work very well.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I think I would make a small part of the garage or what ever you have,
Bit like Vibrac says,
A while ago, I took my "D" Comet project out of the small special room,
Was a coal bunker !!, About 8 by 11 foot, And put it in the main garage,
But it was too damp !, I am trying to keep it new looking till I build the engine,
Taking too many years !!,, So I have put it back in there.

Russell Icke

VOC Member
My first post, Yay!!
I sealed my CB550 in a Vacbag a year ago and because i have had no real opportunity to use it last summer that is where it has stayed. All i can say is every time i look at it through the plastic bag i never see condensation and the humidity sensor still reads a nice dry 60% RH, whatever the conditions outside.

My garage is concrete with an asbestos flat roof and in most winters suffers from condensation (a good reason to pull it down and build a timber one!)

As long as the air is dry when you seal it i reckon they work very well.
Thanks Andy, with this endorsement I’ll give it a go

vibrac

VOC Member
I must admit that freek weather in early Jan did put a spot of rust on my Harrison 3 jaw! first time ever, but then the workshop walls are covered in posters and shelving so the wind does not blow as free

Colin

VOC Member
Hi Russell
My workshop is dry NOW but did suffer from condensation until I got the Skylights fixed.I have used Vacbags for years all with good effect, as long as the bike goes in perfectly dry and you vacuum out most of the air in the bag.
PM me sometime and come and have a look at my bike in Bag