H: Hubs, Wheels and Tyres Tyres

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Anybody tried a 100/90/19 rear roadrider, With an old style 300/20 front ?, Mine is for a Comet.
Just fitted one to my old Comet with a worn 90/90/19 front roadrunner and it's very Pointy !!, Can't get a corner right !, It had an old venom on the rear before and it went just where I wanted.
Cheers Bill.

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Bill,
Altho' I've not ridden it yet, the previous owner of my Rapide had fitted 19's front and rear.
He had ridden the bike all over Europe without any prob's

HTH
Neil

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Bill,
Altho' I've not ridden it yet, the previous owner of my Rapide had fitted 19's front and rear.
He had ridden the bike all over Europe without any prob's

HTH
Neil
Hello Neil, It's just that they say you should use an old type Mk2 on the back with the front old type ribbed 300/20, I am not keen on that.
I want to use the ribbed front 300/20, Just can't make up my mind what to put on the back, It will be 19" and WM2 rim. Cheers Bill.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I have a 90-90 on the Godet, actually marked as 3.25-19, but it is the same width, 3.9 inches. The 100-90 is 4.3" wide. I think my Touring Comet has a 100-90 Bridgestone, but I haven't ridden the Comet in a while, so I can't compare the two. I like the Egli though.

passenger0_0

Non-VOC Member
I am
So, Is nobody running 300/20 ? ribbed front , Why am I always different. Cheers Bill.
Bill and very pleased too with it. You can ride confidently in the wet and when it starts to drift out if does so gracefully and with no drama so plenty of rider feedback. I'm of the mind that if we don't wear out the 300x20 ribbed front Avon they won't bother to make any more! The only problem is it takes me 8,000 miles to wear one out and I struggle to doo too many miles with a you family.