PR: Proprietary Items Tyre wear

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
So many times Howard I have found that has happened when our road bikes were regularly run at VOC Cadwell or the MCC high speed trials something came adrift at the track. No wonder we kept riding them on the road they were well tested!

Last edited by a moderator:

Albervin

VOC Member
On quite a few occasions I have fried a rear tyre but still have a thin chicken strip on the front. The reasons include all of the above plus the amount of counter steering you exert. I experimented once on my Aprilia RS 250 by exerting a lot more counter steering and lo.... chicken strip disappeared. With different radius and different section front and rear tyres you will always have different wear patterns. Also, tyre manufacturers change tyre compounds; the latest Michelins are apparently tri-compound but mine are still dual compound.If the knees are still scraping then nothing to fret about.

Howard

VOC Member
Alyn, I'm sure I must do some sort of countersteering, but never think about it. As for knee scraping, I ride with my knees tucked in, like Mike Hailwood - probably the only thing our riding styles have in common. :D:D

Attachments

• CIR_0215.jpg
    CIR_0215.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 16

Albervin

VOC Member
Alyn, I'm sure I must do some sort of countersteering, but never think about it. As for knee scraping, I ride with my knees tucked in, like Mike Hailwood - probably the only thing our riding styles have in common. :D:D
Only on the Aprilia and only on the track do my knees leave the tank. Even then I am knackered after 30 minutes. Makes me feel young again for a short time. :)