ET: Engine (Twin) Twin e-starter options?

Mike T

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks Bill, yes this was the previous incarnation of the bike. And it went like the clappers! I have another video of riding it that I will post below from the Missoula rally. Friends Ted and Geoff built this Ducent / Vincent / Ducati special from a rolling chassis that Ted had. They couldn't find a Vincent engine and so they carefully fitted a 900SS engine into it. They didn't change any of the frame but instead made special mounting attachments, so that the frame could accept a Vincent engine again in the future. Geoff subsequently got the bike from Ted and then purchased a Vincent project from John Ulver. He then transformed it into this beautiful red Rapide! It's a great story.

vibrac

VOC Member
Wow that was a good ride! nice smooth bike, and it took me back to that fine rally
At one point on the Video I thought I was finally going to find out where that track was that everyone had a ride on (except me as I was lost somewhere in downtown Missoula :()

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Tim.
My avatar is taken at the "pits" at the track

Hotel 46deg 55min 16.21 secs N
114deg 04 min 17.95 secs W

Track 46deg 56min 01.30 sec N
114deg 07min 30.33 sec W
Missoula track.jpg

Last edited:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Mike , Another Good video.
Are those the "Cheap Carb's", Off the Vincati ?.
Can you or Geoff give us details, Maybe on another thread, Or I will get told OFF :) .
Geoff seems to have got over the Spitting back, Sounds good to me.
Cheers Bill.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
The guy that owns the property in Missoula with the track is a Bonneville salt flats veteran, I think mostly racing land speed cars, but he helps run the timing stand for the BUB motorcycle event too. Very gracious of him to allow the Vincent club to use the track.

Colin

VOC Member
The Grosset starter on my 2004 Godet Egli has never given a moments problem, but you do need to keep the battery in top condition

Mike T

VOC Member
The guy that owns the property in Missoula with the track is a Bonneville salt flats veteran, I think mostly racing land speed cars, but he helps run the timing stand for the BUB motorcycle event too. Very gracious of him to allow the Vincent club to use the track.

Hi all, I posted a video in a separate thread in the video section. Here's a link. Cheers!

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
Hi Patrik,
My good friend Geoff installed a Grosset ES to his Rapide. It was quite an undertaking and required some fairly significant machine work. But the results speak for themselves! It has been very reliable since and he's really happy with it. Best wishes, Mike

He sounds like a kiwi.