FT: Frame (Twin) Touring Egli Vincent

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Every picture I can find of "Touring Egli" (definition: shadow 70 type of at least using ' Egli' footrest hangers off the standard FT48/2 through rod) is from the RH side does anyone have any of the LH side showing brake lever options etc ?

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
Touring position on godet, adapted for an ol man. not as from godet. very much longer steady, yet very narrow clutch cover
2020-06-19 09.24.09.jpg

vibrac

VOC Member
Ah! Standard hangers. The hangers from my Egli 1000 were shorter than standard (i think they all were) and did not have a brake pivot point I am trying to remember how the brake lever was fitted in a non rearset situation - back then I did not take a picture of the LH side either!

vibrac

VOC Member
No Bill when i blow that up it looks like its another take on the big plate from the S/A pivot school. I dont think hangers are involved in that picture, I remember having to make some very involved circular and angled alloy bungs to pick up rearset plates when I fitted them. It was then that I removed the short Egli foot rest hangers how I wish I had taken photo of that original set up (In my defence back then photo taking was a lot more involved)

vibrac

VOC Member
here is a picture of the Egli when I bought it over 35 years ago and as you can see its from the RH side :mad:
so I cant see how the brake side was arranged

Image1.jpg